Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Healthy Coconut Macaroons

Yes I said healthy because you don't use sweetened condensed milk.

I found the recipe on self.com and thought hmm...quick oats in coconut macaroons BUT I must say they are quite tasty and everyone that has tried them so far loves them!

  • Ingredients:
  • Vegetable oil cooking spray
  • 10 egg whites
  • 2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
  • 2 cups plain quick-cooking oats
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 slices salt

Directions:
Heat oven to 350°. Spray 3 baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside. Stir egg whites, coconut, oats, vanilla, sugar and salt in a bowl until well blended. Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets, half an inch apart. Bake macaroons until light golden, 12 to 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. oooh...how did i not get that recipe emailed to me? I must try those :-)

    ReplyDelete