Monday, May 24, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken

You know the saying, "Nothing in life is free"? Well I was asked to post about a product on my blog and then I was given a $50.00 gift certificate to put towards any purchase on this companies website. So I decided to purchase this lovely crock pot .

I used it for the first time last night and I made a 6 lb chicken :)

Ingredients:

5-7 lb chicken, cleaned and giblets removed
olive oil
sea salt
cracked black pepper
Italian seasoning
3 carrots, peeled
1 onion, sliced
3 celery stalks, cut
4 tsp lemon juice
4 potatoes, cut and mixed with olive oil and Italian seasoning

Directions:

Be sure to clean the bird real well
Rub olive oil all over the bird...top and bottom
Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper on both sides and inside, too
Season with Italian seasoning on both sides
Place sliced onion on the bottom of the crock pot
Put chicken on top of the onions
Add carrots and celery to the pot
Drizzle lemon juice on top of the chicken
Cook chicken on high for 4 hours
Cook potatoes in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown and tender

1 comment:

  1. I've never made crock pot chicken but I am always up for an easily prepared meal!

    ReplyDelete